Published on: Jan 22, 2013 at Oncology Business Review: News, Perspective, Catalyst
Treatment Advances Reported for Gastrointestinal Cancers
By : Oncology Business Review: News, Perspective, Catalyst
Prior to the 10th annual Gastrointestinal Cancers Symposium, being held January 24-26, 2013 in San Francisco, CA, a January 22 press cast featured studies related to
- S-1 chemotherapy for pancreatic cancer,
- A new molecular classification system for colorectal cancer,
- The benefit of surgery after imatinib in gastrointestinal stromal tumors (GIST),
- Gene expression profiling of circulating tumor cells as a prognostic strategy in pancreatic cancer, and
- Second-line docetaxel in esophageal and gastric cancers.
The symposium is jointly sponsored by American Society of Clinical Oncology, American Gastroenterological Association, American Society for Radiation Oncology, and Society of Surgical Oncology.